Who would have thought that CBD would be a modern-day buzzword decades ago? Certainly not us! When we entered the cannabis landscape it was quite barren. Moreover, there were few brands nor was there a blueprint to follow. Auntie Dolores, our parent company, and Treatibles CBD are indeed two brands that began long before CBD was trendy. We had to figure it out on our own and blaze a formidable path that other brands could follow. The CBD industry is led by an example strategy, and we are proud to be supporters of this growing industry through inspirational leadership. Many people have asked how we got started. How do you build a CBD brand? Like Rome, nothing is built in a day. A lot of sweat, tears, and sleepless nights.
So how did we build two successful CBD brands? We officially launched Auntie Dolores in 2008. If you have been following along you will know that this brand started long before this date and was cultivated in Julianna’s kitchen and shared with friends and family. Firstly, we want to say that it was not an easy road when we started, long before the many brands you see today! We were first in many regards, Treatibles for example, is a true original pet CBD brand. We knew that every door we opened would pave the way for the CBD industry to flourish and grow.
How do you get started? The best way to learn sometimes is through the steps of those before you. This is our story, Julianna’s story. A fearless and driven trailblazing woman who foresaw the profound impact of cannabis in the future.
Here are a few things you may not know about Treatibles:
- Did you know that Julianna built one of the first medical cannabis brands? Yes, it is true! And since 2008 she has artfully created two multi-million-dollar cannabis brands, Auntie Dolores and Treatibles.
- After a few years of building Auntie Dolores and understanding the various needs of diet-restricted consumers, she noticed that CBD products for pets were not available when clients began to ask her if Auntie Dolores would ever offer a pet-focused product range. In 2011, she developed a line of pet products infused with CBD rich oil for pets, derived from cannabis plants grown in the Emerald Triangle in Northern California.
- In 2013, Treatibles was established, becoming the pioneer in creating CBD for pets. During this time, you could only buy CBD products for pets at a dispensary. This was also before the passing of the 2014 Farm Bill, which was the beginning of new hemp laws.
- Treatibles began developing pet-safe hemp-derived CBD products with master cultivators at the forefront of hemp legalization. This proprietary formula is made with hemp sourced from the company’s partner farms throughout the Southern states. The oil infused in Treatibles products yields unmatched cannabinoid and terpene profiles and supplies a full spectrum of benefits for pets.
- It was not an easy task to get Treatibles to consumers. Furthermore, seeing CBD available in pet stores was not the norm. Pet stores, during this time, did not understand CBD and its therapeutic use for pets. To find a premium pet-focused CBD brand, you had to do your research, and no, these products were not readily available at all dispensaries, and still not in pet stores. Treatibles began selling their CBD for pets at dispensaries in 2013 throughout California.
- Treatibles became trademarked in 2014! As you can see, it is a process, and nothing happens overnight.
- Around 2015 pet stores across the US started to catch onto the buzz around CBD pet products. The demand for Treatibles grew quickly and soon pet industry distributors came knocking!
For those who may not know, Cannabis became legal in California in the early nineties under the Compassionate Use Act. We understood exceedingly early on that at dispensaries, there were people who may use cannabis themselves, looking for something that was suitable and safe for their pets. So, in a way, this was a good starting point for Treatibles, because it also allowed us to understand the varying needs of pets. Cannabis was legalized in other states much later, for example, it was legalized for recreational use in Colorado in 2012. Initially, we were using cannabis and distributing it to thousands of dispensaries. When the 2014 farm bill passed, we switched to hemp and began to distribute Treatibles to pet stores. Although our product was slowly making its way onto pet store shelves, the Global Trade Pet Show, during this time, did not allow CBD pet products to attend. Fast forward to 2023, you see many CBD for pets products at the show.
Is Treatibles an OG original pet CBD brand? Well, we do not like to brag and feel there is humility in success. We know when we started, how challenging building two cannabis brands are. Our trademark application dates tell the true timeline. We also know that we are among high-quality brands that trailblazed footsteps that also helped this industry. So yes, our beginnings show that we began this journey long ago, before many of the brands you see today, but there is no need to market ourselves as the first because those who know, know! Also, superior quality CBD products should speak for themselves. We are proud of our journey, and more importantly, the way that we have been able to get the lives of pets and their pet owners through our masterfully and thoughtfully crafted products. We genuinely care and you can see our impact when you read our Rescue Spotlight which features rescues and shelters across the United States that Treatibles has partnered with.
So now that you know a little about how we got started, you can see that the best way to start it is to simply create a high-quality product. Also, there is no formula because the journey in the CBD industry is unique for every brand. The old saying is true, face each roadblock with optimism and do not be afraid to celebrate other CBD for pets brands too! It is a community built on love. We are happy that we are recognized as a true original CBD brand. With that said, we are still pushing ourselves so we can continue to serve you in the best way possible.